-
April 8th, 2005, 02:37 PM
#1
Inactive Member
These came and as soon as I dabbed the tears from my eyes I had to give you a review. The cake server is my mother's own pattern! Not her good pattern, but the pattern I think she got with coupons or something. But we used this everyday amnd my mind still remembers how the slim handle felt in my hand. It really brought back memories! it's a fairly common pattern with a wheat stem on the handle. I believe it is from the late 30's or 1940's, based on when mymom bought it, and the styling - sleek fluid lines of late 1930's. That's another item to date! The pattern on the base of the server is also typical of late 1930's .
The rest of the set is beyond reproach too - just wonderful. The slices of cake are not just additional slices - they fit together as if they came off the main piece of cake - such attention to detail makes my little heart sing! The Kit candies are plastic so no worry about your child unwrapping them and destroying it as a toy ( like I'd have done as a kid) the first day. The fans are cuter in person. The platter is the perfect shade of green and similar to my MIL's good paltters.
The lanterns, which kept us from ordering this earlier, are sturdier than you'd expect and would survive replacement of tissue covering if we really wanted to make an issue of the decoration that bugs this perfectionist duo. More likely we'll make our own if it comes to that.
This set is as nice as Felicity's and that is saying a lot - as Felicity's set is devine. Felicity's strawberries make this set even cuter.
Yum - wedding cake ( as we called cake rolls when I was a kid) was my favorite at Kit's age - time to go have some!
Popsie
-
April 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Thanks for the great review. I love Kit's time period. I collect pink American Sweetheart Depression Glass and Cambridge Chantilly Glass. I love that era. I am glad that Kit's set is made so beautifully.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks